Can Acupuncture Increase Pregnancy Success?
If you are planning to get pregnant soon and are proactively seeking non-traditional, holistic therapies to increase your chances of conceiving, consider trying acupuncture.
For centuries, acupuncture has been used in Chinese medicine as a holistic therapy to increase fertility.
Acupuncture Can Enhance Your Fertility:
Acupuncture is a Chinese practice where thin needles are inserted into specific points of the body to stimulate blood flow to that area.
Here are some benefits of acupuncture for fertility:
- Balances hormones
- Enhances ovarian function
- Increases blood flow to reproductive organs
- Reduces stress during IVF treatment
- Overall stabilization of the endocrine system
A recent study shows that you can increase your chance of a successful pregnancy by up to 42% by beginning acupuncture treatment three months before your IVF transfer. Women who do not undergo acupuncture before their IVF transfer only had a 26% chance of pregnancy success.
Other Acupuncture Holistic Benefits:
Acupuncture also helps to correct medical problems that hinder a woman’s fertility.
- Weight loss
- Regulated FSH
- Improved egg quality
- Reduced rate of miscarriage
- Improved thyroid-related infertility
- Improved full-term pregnancy success
- Improved implantation success rate – conception
- Reduced stress and improved mental clarity/overall wellness
Acupuncture Embryo Transfer Plan:
To improve the chances of successful implantation and pregnancy, this is the recommended acupuncture plan while undergoing the embryo transfer process:
- The morning of embryo transfer
- The afternoon following embryo transfer
- 5 days after embryo transfer
Why New Hope?
New Hope Fertility Center is home to world-renowned fertility specialists. We custom-design fertility treatments for the individual to increase the chances of a successful pregnancy. Our specialists believe in putting the patient first and being with them through every step of the fertility journey. Our team is well-versed in helping women of all ages reach their fertility goals and we are passionate about educating, and supporting our patients throughout their journey. If you want compassionate fertility care, New Hope is the right place for you. Call us at (347) 970-8479 or schedule your initial consultation today!