The Begining of Your Fertility Journey:
The first step of the fertility journey is visiting a fertility clinic/specialist. The fertility journey is stressful but the first step can be just as stressful. The unknown diagnosis, trying to hold on to hope as you listen to the reason(s) you can’t have a family.
During your visit to a fertility specialist, a lot of information will be thrown at you. As nerve-wracking as it may be, you must ask all of the right questions. This is a new experience for you, so you want to make sure that you leave the office/clinic feeling satisfied with the information you have received.
Ultimately, this information will help you decide whether or not you want to proceed with this clinic/specialist. We have compiled a list of questions we think is important to ask your fertility specialist on your first visit:
What types of fertility treatments does your facility offer?
- Fertility treatment is meant to be individualized. Be sure to choose a clinic that offers a variety of treatments, that way there is a very high chance they have at least one that’s best for you.
- Here at New Hope, we offer a complete spectrum of fertility and IVF services so that your journey to parenthood can be streamlined, low-stress, and as minimally disruptive to your life as possible.
- Mini IVF is our trademarked, revolutionary IVF treatment that is less invasive, accessible, and more affordable.
What fertility treatment is best for my situation?
- You want to find out what treatment will be recommended to you first.
- It would also be a good idea to ask about that specific treatment, if it involves surgery, are there any risks, or if there is surgery involved, is there a less invasive alternative.
- This is your chance to ask about medications involved with each treatment.
How much do your IVF treatments cost?
- Before considering fertility treatment, explore prices from different clinics around you. This will give you a ballpark idea of how much your treatment will cost, so you can create a budget.
- Just know, depending on what treatment, prices do vary. In most cases, Conventional IVF may cost more since there are more medications involved.
- IVF cost and financing fertility treatments are some of the biggest considerations when doing IVF. With over a decade of experience in assisted reproduction and infertility treatment, New Hope Fertility Center offers compassionate care that is perfectly fit for everyone. We know how difficult the journey to parenthood may be and we are here to help you in whatever way we can.
Do you accept my/most insurances?
- Many fertility clinics accept some type of insurance. It is good to be aware that many fertility clinics are private facilities, which means in most cases they will only accept private insurance.
- You can also reach out to your insurance and ask them if they cover fertility treatment and how much they cover.
- IVF cost with insurance can be cheaper than paying 100% out of pocket for fertility treatment.
Do you offer payment plans?
- Fertility treatment can be expensive. Even if you have a budget, an IVF payment plan can always be helpful.
- At New Hope, we do offer an IVF payment plan that consists of a 30% down and about $600 a month.
What are your IVF success rates?
- Going through IVF can be a journey with many ups and downs. You want to choose a clinic that has a good track record in getting women pregnant.
- Success rates are important to know before you spend thousands of dollars on treatment that is not close to 100% successful. You are looking for the best of the best.
- Here are some specific IVF success rates you should ask about:
- IVF success rates by age
- IVF success rates for patients over 40
- IVF success rates per cycle
- IVF success rates by number of embryos
What is the general timeline going forward?
- Based on your treatment, the IVF process could take weeks, even months. It’s good to know what to expect moving forward.
- The timeline of IVF varies based on treatment but it is a good idea to get an estimate of how long the treatment is expected to work.
Are there any lifestyle changes I/we should make?
- You want to make sure that if there are any changes you and/or your partner can make that will increase your chances of pregnancy, you should do it.
- Now is the time to ask about weight, diet, exercise, and other important lifestyle changes.
- It would also be a good idea to ask about non-medical approaches to increase fertility.
What do monitoring appointments consist of?
- A lot of patients are not aware that the IVF process consists of daily monitoring appointments.
- During these appointments, the progression of your follicle growth is tracked. It will consist of a transvaginal ultrasound and bloodwork. The bloodwork will track your hormone levels.
If this treatment is unsuccessful, what are the next steps?
- It is not easy to think about failure, but it is important to know if there is a backup plan in case the first treatment is unsuccessful.
Infertility and the fertility journey can be scary. It is full of uncertainties. You must choose a clinic/specialist that puts your fertility needs above all else. By asking the right questions, you are one step closer to finding the right clinic/specialist for you.
New Hope Can Help You!
New Hope Fertility Center is the home to world-renowned fertility specialists. We custom design fertility for the individual to increase the chances of a successful pregnancy. We believe in putting the patient first and holding their hand through the fertility journey. If you want compassionate fertility care, New Hope is the right place for you. Call us at (212) 517-7676 or visit our website to schedule an initial consultation today!