Coming to terms with the need for IVF to conceive, can be a very challenging prospect for most individuals/couples. Although IVF significantly increases the chance of having a baby, it is an extremely physical and significant financial endeavor. IVF is today’s top choice solution for those who have failed to conceive a pregnancy after undergoing a series of less complicated options and procedures, such as Timed Intercourse or Intrauterine Insemination (IUI).
Pros of IVF
- Overcomes reproductive medical conditions such as blocked Fallopian tubes
- Helps to combat male-factor infertility via Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Helps to prevent single-gene disorders from being passed on to the child via embryo testing
- Allows for preemptive embryo testing to detect chromosomal deficiencies before transfer; improving pregnancy rates
- Gives patients the opportunity to choose the sex of their child through gender selection
- Allows patients to freeze excess embryos for future Frozen Embryo Transfers (FET) and future family planning
- Provides family building options for the LGBTQ community through the use of donor eggs, sperm, and surrogacy
- IVF is expensive and does not have a 100% success rate
- IVF requires the injection of expensive fertility medications that affect natural hormone levels
- IVF fertility medications cause discomfort and pain for some patients
- IVF cycles are not always covered by insurance
- IVF cycles require many office visits to monitor the patient’s progress through ultrasound imaging and blood tests and can be time consuming
Each patient has a different experience when it comes to IVF and in the end, it is up to each individual to determine if the pros outway the cons!
Why New Hope?
New Hope Fertility Center is home to world-renowned fertility specialists. We custom design fertility treatments for the individual to increase the chances of a successful pregnancy. Our specialists believe in putting the patient first and being with them through every step of the fertility journey. As the first facility to adopt the revolutionary Mini IVF protocol, our team is well versed in helping women of all ages reach their fertility goals. If you want compassionate fertility care, New Hope is the right place for you. Call us at (212) 517-7676 or schedule your initial consultation today!