What is Mini IVF?
Mini IVF or Minimal Stimulation IVF takes a more natural approach to traditional IVF protocols. The goal of our revolutionary Mini IVF is to produce 4-8 high-quality eggs over a high quantity of eggs. A successful pregnancy is all about finding that ONE good egg. That is why the pregnancy success rates for Mini IVF are equal if not better than those of conventional IVF. This is especially true for patients above 39 or those who have struggled with egg quality despite responding well to IVF medications; meaning they easily make 15 or more eggs per cycle with the max amount of injections but only a few make it to the blastocyst stage.
The many names of Mini IVF –
Mini IVF Protocol:
The Mini IVF protocol aims to stimulate a woman’s body into producing between 4 and 8 quality eggs per cycle.
Rather than using large amounts of fertility medication to stimulate a woman’s ovulation, Mini IVF limits the amount of medication used. Medication is limited to oral fertility drugs and minimal injections of fertility medication.
Mini IVF steps in order:
- A custom fertility regimen is given to produce 4 to 8 quality eggs.
- Each patient is monitored throughout the cycle through ultrasound imaging and blood tests.
- Once the patient is ready to trigger, the eggs are retrieved through a short surgical procedure.
- The eggs are then fertilized through intracytoplasmic sperm injection, or ICSI, in New Hopes’s state-of-the-art lab.
- Embryos are then monitored over 7 days through embryoscopes.
- Quality embryos are determined through PGT-A testing and selected for transfer.
- Single Embryo Transfer (SET)
What medication is used for Mini IVF?
Although medication regimens vary based on the patient’s medical needs, this gentle IVF protocol usually includes:
- One or two Clomid pills consumed daily for 9-13 days
- Minimal injections of Menopur or Follistim/Gonal F around 3-5 days if needed. Max dosage of 75-150 units per injection.
- One trigger injection of Lupron is administered about two days before your egg retrieval.
Who benefits best from Mini IVF:
Not only is Mini IVF the best treatment protocol for women over 39. Other women can benefit from this holistic IVF alternative, including:
- Women suffering from tubal factor infertility
- Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) who produce over 15 eggs but are low quality
- Women at risk of developing Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS)
- Women classified as poor responders with a low ovarian reserve
- Women diagnosed with ovarian or breast cancer and are about to undergo treatment
Why New Hope?
So, is New Hope the right center for you? Our goal is to provide you with the best IVF experience possible. As the first facility to implement the revolutionary Mini IVF protocol, our team is well versed in helping women of all ages reach their fertility goals. Our team understands infertility is a personal journey, so we custom design fertility treatments for the individual to increase the chances of a successful pregnancy. New Hopes specialists believe in putting the patient first and being with them through every step of the fertility journey. If you want compassionate fertility care, New Hope is the right place for you. Call us at (212) 517-7676 or schedule your initial consultation today!