Can Acupuncture Increase Pregnancy Success?
If you are planning to get pregnant soon and are proactively seeking non-traditional, holistic therapies to increase your chances of conceiving, consider trying acupuncture.
For centuries, acupuncture has been used in Chinese medicine as a holistic therapy to increase fertility.
Acupuncture Can Enhance Your Fertility:
Acupuncture is a Chinese practice where thin needles are inserted into specific points of the body to stimulate blood flow to that area.
Here are some benefits of acupuncture for fertility:
- Balances hormones
- Enhances ovarian function
- Increases blood flow to reproductive organs
- Reduces stress during IVF treatment
- Overall stabilization of the endocrine system
A recent study shows that you can increase your chance of a successful pregnancy by up to 42% by beginning acupuncture treatment three months before your IVF transfer. Women who do not undergo acupuncture before their IVF transfer only had a 26% chance of pregnancy success.
Other Acupuncture Holistic Benefits:
Acupuncture also helps to correct medical problems that hinder a woman’s fertility.
- Weight loss
- Regulated FSH
- Improved egg quality
- Reduced rate of miscarriage
- Improved thyroid-related infertility
- Improved full-term pregnancy success
- Improved implantation success rate – conception
- Reduced stress and improved mental clarity/overall wellness
Acupuncture Embryo Transfer Plan:
To improve chances of successful implantation and pregnancy, this is the recommended acupuncture plan while undergoing the embryo transfer process:
- The morning of embryo transfer
- The afternoon following embryo transfer
- 5 days after embryo transfer
Customized IVF Treatment:
Since every patient’s personal, medical, and financial needs are different, we offer customized IVF treatment for all of our patients.
New Hope Can Help You:
It is important to work with a fertility team having the research and clinical experience required to design a customized fertility treatment plan meeting your personal needs.
Here at New Hope, our world-renowned fertility specialists will guide you through the most successful path. To schedule your intial consultation with fertility preservation experts, call us at (212) 517-7676 or visit our website.