Zhuo Lu, Ph.D
Dr. Zhuo Lu received his Bachelor’s Degree in Biotechnology from Northeast Agricultural University in China in 2002 and his Ph.D. in Developmental Biology from the Institute of Zoology at the Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2011. He has published over a dozen scientific papers including a seminal investigation published in Nature in which he personally produced the first viable iPS mouse through tetraploid complementation that proved iPS cells have the same developmental potential as ES cells. This study was reported by dozens of media outlets and was hailed by Time Magazine as one of the top 10 medical breakthroughs of 2009. Dr. Lu contributes to the ongoing research at New Hope Fertility Center, specifically in developing and improving nuclear transfer techniques. With his efforts, the NHFC research team achieved the great breakthrough on mitochondrial replacement therapy (MRT).
Dr. Lu currently holds the position of Senior Embryologist at New Hope Fertility Center since 2011. He has over 10 years of experience with micromanipulation and insemination techniques with a highly successful fertilization and blastocyst rate. And he is also highly skilled in blastomere and trophectoderm biopsy with thousands of cases performed at New Hope Fertility Center. Dr. Lu is well respected and trusted by peers and patients alike.
Message from Dr. Zhuo Lu
- Zhao XY*, Li W*, Lv Z*, Liu L, Tong M, Hai T, Hao J, Guo CL, Ma QW, Wang L, Zeng F, Zhou Q. (* contributed equally to the work)
Nature. 2009 Sep 3;461(7260):86-90.
- Zhao XY*, Li W*, Lv Z*, Liu L, Tong M, Hai T, Hao J, Guo CL, Wang X, Wang L, Zeng F, Zhou Q. (* contributed equally to the work)
Cell Res. 2010 Mar;20(3):383-6.
- Zhao XY*, Li W*, Lv Z*, Liu L, Tong M, Hai T, Hao J, Wang X, Wang L, Zeng F, Zhou Q. Viable fertile mice generated from fully pluripotent iPS cells derived from adult somatic cells. Stem Cell Rev. 2010 Sep;6(3):390-7. (* contributed equally to the work)
- Tong M*, Lv Z*, Liu L*, Zhu H*, Zheng QY, Zhao XY, Li W, Wu YB, Zhang HJ, Wu HJ, Li ZK, Zeng F, Wang L, Wang XJ, Sha JH, Zhou Q.
Cell Res. 2011 Nov;21(11):1634-7. (* contributed equally to the work)
- Wu Y*, Lv Z*, Yang Y*, Dong G, Yu Y, Cui Y, Tong M, Wang L, Zhou Z, Zhu H, Zhou Q, Sha J.
Cell Mol Life Sci. 2013 Sep 14.
- Zeng Y*, Lv Z*, Gu L, Wang L, Zhou Z, Zhu H, Zhou Q, Sha J. (* contributed equally to the work)
Cell Tissue Res. 2013 Oct 9
- Z Lu, H Liu, A Chavez-Badiola, M Konstantinidis, S Munné, J Zhang
Fertility and Sterility 104 (3), e305. 2015
- Yu Y, Wu J, Fan Y, Lv Z, Guo X, Zhao C, Zhou R, Zhang Z, Wang F, Xiao M, Chen L, Zhu H, Chen W, Lin M, Liu J, Zhou Z, Wang L, Huo R, Zhou Q, Sha J.
Mol Cell Proteomics. 2009 Jul;8(7):1490-500.
- Ma M, Zhou L, Guo X, Lv Z, Yu Y, Ding C, Zhang P, Bi Y, Xie J, Wang L, Lin M, Zhou Z, Huo R, Sha J, Zhou Q.
Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009 Dec;1793(12):1804-10.
- Zhao XY, Lv Z, Li W, Zeng F, Zhou Q.
Nat Protoc. 2010;5(5):963-71.
- Liu L, Luo GZ, Yang W, Zhao X, Zheng Q, Lv Z, Li W, Wu HJ, Wang L, Wang XJ, Zhou Q
J Biol Chem. 2010 Jun 18;285(25):19483-90
- Zhao X, Lv Z, Liu L, Wang L, Tong M, Zhou Q.
J Genet Genomics. 2010 Jul;37(7):467-73.
- Wang Y, Hai T, Liu Z, Zhou S, Lv Z, Ding C, Liu L, Niu Y, Zhao X, Tong M, Wang L, Jouneau A, Zhang X, Ji W, Zhou Q.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010 Jul 2;397(3):407-12
- Bi Y, Lv Z, Wang Y, Hai T, Huo R, Zhou Z, Zhou Q, Sha J.
Biol Reprod. 2011 Apr;84(4):756-64.
- Li W, Zhao XY, Wan HF, Zhang Y, Liu L, Lv Z, Wang XJ, Wang L, Zhou Q.
Cell Res. 2011 Mar;21(3):550-3
Microinjection manipulation resulted in the increased apoptosis of spermatocytes in testes from intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) derived mice.
PLoS One. 2011;6(7):e22172
- Yang Y, Zeng Y, Lv Z, Wan R, Tong M, Zhu H, Wang L, Zhou Z, Zhou Q, Sha J.
Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2012 Jul;295(7):1128-33.
- Li W, Guo XJ, Teng F, Hou XJ, Lv Z, Zhou SY, Bi Y, Wan HF, Feng CJ, Yuan Y, Zhao XY, Wang L, Sha JH, Zhou Q.
J Mol Cell Biol. 2013 Oct;5(5):345-7.
- H Liu, Z Lu, A Chavez-Badiola, P Colls, S Munné, J Zhang
Fertility and Sterility 104 (3), e25. 2015
- H Liu, Z Lu, M Yang, Z Liu, Z Merhi, J Blazek, J Zhang
Fertility and Sterility 108 (3), e57-e58, 2017
- J Zhang, H Liu, S Luo, Z Lu, A Chavez-Badiola, Z Liu, M Yang, Z Merhi, …
Obstetrical & Gynecological Survey 72 (9), 542-543. 2017